• Assist with research projects which fall under the remit of HIU, including, but not limited to, proposal development, data collection and analysis, report writing
• Under the supervision of an experienced team, carry out capacity building activities in the following areas: training, providing technical supervision of research project; arranging academic workshops and conferences; assisting in surveys and monitoring
• Produce or support the production of a wide variety of knowledge products, including, but not limited to, mission reports, policy briefs of research findings, articles, blogs, newsletters, and other publications
• Work with Project Associates and related authorities in planning and delivering work, including, but not limited to, participating in meetings, preparing meeting minutes and study visits
Essential requirements and qualifications:
• Doctorate or Master degree in health economics, economic evaluations, disease modelling or HTA-related fields
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including competency in relevant software or programming tools.
• Strong interest on health systems and public health, especially health economics in LMICs
• High proficiency in spoken and written English
• Organized and systematic approach to plan and deliver work
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Proven experience in conducting economic evaluations, systematic reviews and/or meta-analyses
Type of employment: full-time, office-based employment with occasional international travel
This position is open to applicants of all nationalities
How to apply
Interested candidates should download the Application form and submit the form along with a detailed resume/curriculum vitae to Mr.Likhit Siriwanitkul at email@example.com referencing the job title. The resume (and/or a cover letter) should clearly indicate how the candidate meets the qualifications outlined above.
For further information, please contact Mr.Likhit Siriwanitkul at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms.Nisa Yothasmutr at email@example.com
Tel: +662-590-4549 or +662-590-4374-5
HITAP was established in 2007 as a non-profit research organization which reports to the Bureau of Policy and Strategy, Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand. HITAP’s main responsibility is to assess a range of health interventions and technologies, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clinical practices, individual and community health promotions and disease prevention programs, as well as social health policy.
HITAP International Unit (HIU) is established in 2014 with the aim of empowering and providing practical lessons on the potential use of the use of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and priority-setting for Universal Health Coverage (UHC), especially in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC). From then on, HIU has collaborated with international partners, e.g. the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Global Health and Development Group, Imperial College London, World Health Organization, and PATH, acting as a regional hub, helps countries build up their capacity on HTA. In order to expand its capacity to meet with growing demands in providing technical support to country partners, HIU is currently looking for a technical staff who are experienced in the field of HTA or a broad range of health economic methods and their application to contribute to research and capacity building activities in LMIC.