Health Intervention and Technology Assessment in Support of Universal Health Coverage Agenda. 15.7 A67/VR/9, WHA 67.23 24 May, 2014.
Health Intervention and Technology Assessment in Support of Universal Health Coverage. SEA/RC66/R4 May, 2014.
To supplement these efforts internationally, we have worked towards establishing regional collaboration in Asia amongst HTA organizations in Asia. In this effort, we and our partners have founded the HTAsiaLink Network as a platform for knowledge sharing of best practices of HTA in Asia
We have been involved in organizing the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control: Reflecting on a Decade of Achievement and Strengthening a Multi-Sectoral Approach to Implementation.
Previously, we have co-organized the Prince Mahidol Award Conference (PMAC) 2016: Priority Setting for Universal Health Coverage in collaboration with our international partners and the PMAC organizing committee.
In the oncoming years, our projected activities under our work in international relations include sponsoring and passing a second WHA resolution for 2017 and 2018 onwards on priority-setting, in order to maintain the momentum from the first WHA Resolution on HITA for UHC in 2014.
- Raising awareness of HTA and its utility among local stakeholders, especially policymakers, key officers and opinion leaders
- Determining the need, demand and supply regarding HTA at the local, national and international level;
- Consulting national authorities à identify appropriate focal point/responsible institute for HTA and devising a road map for HTA institutionalization
- Providing technical support, e.g., training, study visits, hands-on experience
- Inviting HTA network in the region, HTA in other countries and international organizations (such as WHO) to take part/have a role in the training programs
Our research collaborations have resulted in approximately 100 international publications. We establish collaborative projects with countries bilaterally by pinpointing possible partners within networks such as the International Decision Support Initiative (IDSI), the HTAsiaLink Network, the Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi), among others.